Valley School serves 141 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Valley School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Utah for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the Utah state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Utah state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Utah state average of 26% (majority Hispanic).
Valley School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
Valley School's student population of 141 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers (17-18)
Students by Grade
Valley School is ranked within the top 30% of all 959 schools in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Valley School is 0.12, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (UT)
Overall Testing Rank
#241 out of 959 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, UT Dept. of Education
Review Valley School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
The eco-friendly movement has reached our public schools and charter schools. Learn about how schools are incorporating green education into their curriculum and entire charters.
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
In light of President Obama’s recent backing of abstinence-only education, we take a look at the numbers to see if this type of sex ed teaching really leads to lower pregnancy and STD rates.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.