Van Buren High School
- Van Buren High School's student population of 376 students has grown by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||376 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Van Buren High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#995 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Van Buren Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Farmington Harmony Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 166 students
33727 Rte J40
Farmington, IA 52626
(319) 592-3235 9.0 PK-6 166
- Douds Van Buren Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 333 students
14574 Jefferson St.
Douds, IA 52551
(641) 936-4321 9.6 PK-6 333
- Fairfield Fairfield Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 490 students
404 W Fillmore
Fairfield, IA 52556
(641) 472-5019 18.3 5-8 490
- Fairfield Washington Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 279 students
406 East Madison Avenue
Fairfield, IA 52556
(641) 472-2110 18.8 PK-1 279
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.