Fairfield High School
- Fairfield High School's student population of 515 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||515 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fairfield High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#862 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairfield Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Washington Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 279 students
406 East Madison Avenue
Fairfield, IA 52556
(641) 472-2110 0.4 PK-1 279
- Fairfield Fairfield Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 490 students
404 W Fillmore
Fairfield, IA 52556
(641) 472-5019 1.1 5-8 490
- Douds Van Buren Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 333 students
14574 Jefferson St.
Douds, IA 52551
(641) 936-4321 13.9 PK-6 333
- Eldon Cardinal High School High School Grades: 9-12 | 214 students
4045 Ashland Rd
Eldon, IA 52554
(641) 652-7531 14.6 9-12 214
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.