- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 142 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 28%
- Graduation Rate: ≥90% (Top 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 40-59% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-59% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Verdugo Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Verdugo Academy's ranking?
Verdugo Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 40-59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Verdugo Academy?
The graduation rate of Verdugo Academy is 90%, which is higher than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Verdugo Academy?
142 students attend Verdugo Academy.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
72% of Verdugo Academy students are White, 14% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Asian, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Verdugo Academy?
Verdugo Academy has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Verdugo Academy offer ?
Verdugo Academy offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-12
What school district is Verdugo Academy part of?
Verdugo Academy is part of Glendale Unified School District.
View the Verdugo Academy yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Verdugo Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities