Vernon Middle School
- School Type: Online School
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 584 students
- State Accredited: No
- Live Instruction: No
- Rolling Enrollment: No
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 96%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 43% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 43% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Vernon Middle School?
584 students attend Vernon Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
88% of Vernon Middle School students are Hispanic, 4% of students are White, 3% of students are Asian, 3% of students are Black, 1% of students are Hawaiian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Vernon Middle School?
Vernon Middle School has a student ration of 18:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Vernon Middle School offer ?
Vernon Middle School offers enrollment in grades 7-8
What school district is Vernon Middle School part of?
Vernon Middle School is part of Ontario-Montclair School District.
View the Vernon Middle School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Vernon Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities