Viking Elementary School
- Viking Elementary School's student population of 492 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||492 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Viking Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#981 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pelican Rapids Public Dist. School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pelican Rapids Pelican Rapids Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 350 students
310 S Broadway
Pelican Rapids, MN 56572
(218)863-5910 0.2 7-12 350
- Rothsay Rothsay Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 106 students
2040 Co Rd 52
Rothsay, MN 56579
(218)867-2116 11.4 7-12 106
- Barnesville Barnesville Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 456 students
305 5th St Se
Barnesville, MN 56514
(218)354-2300 16.9 K-6 456
- Barnesville Barnesville Secondary Grades: 6-12 | 382 students
302 3rd St Se
Barnesville, MN 56514
(218)354-2228 17.0 6-12 382
- Fergus Falls Adams Elementary School Grades: 1-2 | 345 students
301 West Bancroft Ave
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
(218)998-0544 19.9 1-2 345
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.