Charlotte County Public Schools School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 public schools in Charlotte County Public Schools School District, serving 1,880 students.
- Public school in Charlotte County Public School School District have an average math proficiency score of 80% (versus the Virginia public school average of 72%), and reading proficiency score of 79% (versus the 80% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 30% of public schools in Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia public school average of 51% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Virginia public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Charlotte County Public Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ccpsk12.org|
|School District Phone Number||(434)542-5151|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||2,123 Schools|
|# of Students||1,880 Students||1,290,812 Students|
|# of Teachers||133 Teachers||85,977 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Charlotte County Public Schools School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 135 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||3,485 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8 Students||90,286 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||42 Students||202,983 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||544 Students||288,923 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,177 Students||631,601 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||2,044 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||107 Students||71,490 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||90||33,597|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||121||90,897|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||154||94,212|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||129||94,065|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||143||96,843|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||140||99,187|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||120||99,445|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||145||97,617|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||152||96,633|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||155||96,881|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||140||103,925|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||124||99,531|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||119||94,858|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||148||93,121|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,528 is higher than the state average of $11,100. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,884 is less than the state average of $11,256. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$24 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,528||$11,100|
|Spending / Student||$10,884||$11,256|
Charlotte County Public Schools School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Bacon District Elementary School 840 Bacon School Rd
Saxe, VA 23967
Grades: PK-5 | 176 students
- Central Middle School 250 Statesman Dr
Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
Grades: 6-8 | 452 students
- Eureka Elementary School 315 Eureka School Rd
Keysville, VA 23947
Grades: PK-5 | 449 students
- Phenix Elementary School 400 Red House Road
Phenix, VA 23959
Grades: PK-5 | 272 students
- Randolph-henry High School 755 David Bruce Ave
Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
Grades: 9-12 | 531 students
Public schools have been the recent grounds of tuberculosis infections. Learn about the symptoms and how to protect your child from catching tuberculosis.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.