Colonial Beach Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Colonial Beach Pblc Schs School District serving 597 students in Colonial Beach, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Colonial Beach Pblc Schs School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Colonial Beach Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||597 students|
|# of Teachers||41 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||276 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||321 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||7 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||23 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||132 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||366 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||64 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||30|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||48|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||49|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Colonial Beach Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,155 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,896 is less than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,155||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$10,896||$11,680|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.