Vivian Banks Charter
Vivian Banks Charter places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Vivian Banks Charter's student population of 108 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
- Vivian Banks Charter's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6203 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bonsall Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pauma Valley Pauma Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 229 students
33158 Cole Grade Rd.
Pauma Valley, CA 92061
(760)742-3741 5.4 K-8 229
- Fallbrook Vallecitos Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 205 students
5211 Fifth St.
Fallbrook, CA 92028
(760)728-7092 5.6 K-8 205
- Valley Center Oak Glen High School Grades: 9-12 | 62 students
14172 W. Oak Glen Rd.
Valley Center, CA 92082
(760)751-0455 6.4 9-12 62
- Valley Center Valley Center High School Grades: 9-12 | 1154 students
31322 Cole Grade Rd.
Valley Center, CA 92082
(760)751-5502 6.5 9-12 1154
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.