Waccamaw Elementary School
- The student population of 561 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-8|
|Total Students||561 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.49 is less than the state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Brunswick County s School District's student population of 12,534 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $10,501 in this district is less than the state average of $11,110. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,084 is less than the state average of $11,529. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Brunswick County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||12,534||912|
|District Total Revenue||$130 MM||$10 MM|
|District Spending||$125 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,501||$11,110|
|District Spending / Student||$10,084||$11,529|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ShallotteUnion Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 626 students
180 Union School Road Nw
Shallotte, NC 28470
- AshJessie Mae Monroe Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 430 students
250 Pea Landing Road Nw
Ash, NC 28420
- NakinaNakina Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 214 students
9822 Seven Creeks Hwy
Nakina, NC 28455
- ShallotteWest Brunswick High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 1360 students
550 Whiteville Road Nw
Shallotte, NC 28470
- ShallotteShallotte Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 657 students
225 Village Road
Shallotte, NC 28459
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.