Wacoochee Elementary School
Top Placements (Alabama)
Wacoochee Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Wacoochee Elementary School's student population of 542 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||542 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wacoochee Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1264 schools in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Wacoochee Elementary School is Lee County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 136 school districts in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Lee County School District's student population of 9,771 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,606 in this district is less than the state average of $10,349. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,865 is higher than the state average of $10,471. The district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|School District Name||Lee County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||9,771||2,907|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$94 MM||$30 MM|
|District Spending||$106 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,606||$10,349|
|District Spending / Student||$10,865||$10,471|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Wacoochee Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 959 students
1100 Lee Road 298
Salem, AL 36874
(334)745-3062 0.1 7-8 959
- Smiths Station Smiths Station Primary School Grades: PK-6 | 949 students
150 Lee Road 295
Smiths Station, AL 36877
(334)298-6089 7.4 PK-6 949
- Smiths Station Smith Station Freshman Center Grades: 9 | 502 students
1150 Lee Road 298
Smiths Station, AL 36877
(334)664-4063 8.2 9 502
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.