Oroville School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Oroville School District serving 589 students in Oroville, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Oroville School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||589 students|
|# of Teachers||38 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||299 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||290 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||6 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||222 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||331 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||12|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||45|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||42|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Oroville School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,928 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,669 is less than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,928||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$10,669||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.