Quillayute Valley School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Quillayute Valley School District serving 2,453 students in Forks, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is more than the state average of 19:1.
Quillayute Valley School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Quillayute Valley School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,453 students|
|# of Teachers||82 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
|# of Male Students||970 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,483 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||68 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||49 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||460 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||95 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,549 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||16 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||216 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||298|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||536|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||592|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||881|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Quillayute Valley School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-64% has decreased from 70-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,391 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,003 is less than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$26 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$28 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,391||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$9,003||$13,157|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.