Wellington High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 458 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 23%
- Graduation Rate: 90-94% (Top 20% in KS)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 30-34% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Wellington High School's ranking?
Wellington High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for: Highest graduation rate (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% KS state average), while 30-34% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 37% KS state average).
What is the graduation rate of Wellington High School?
The graduation rate of Wellington High School is 90-94%, which is higher than the Kansas state average of 86%.
How many students attend Wellington High School?
458 students attend Wellington High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
77% of Wellington High School students are White, 13% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Black, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Wellington High School?
Wellington High School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Wellington High School offer ?
Wellington High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Wellington High School part of?
Wellington High School is part of Wellington School District.
Review Wellington High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities