West-mec - Greenway High School

3930 W. Greenway Rd.
Rank
10/
10
Top 10%
West-mec - Greenway High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75-79% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65-69% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 44%) for the 2017-18 school year.

Top Placements

West-mec - Greenway High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:

School Overview

School TypeVocational school
Grades OfferedGrades 9-12
Total Students (12-13)1 students
This chart display total students of West-mec - Greenway High School by year, with the latest 2012-13 school year data.
Total Classroom Teachersn/a

School Comparison

West-mec - Greenway High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of West-mec - Greenway High School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#152 out of 2111 schools
(Top 10%)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
75-79%
45%
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
65-69%
44%
Student : Teacher Ration/a19:1
American Indian (12-13)
n/a
5%
Asian (12-13)
n/a
3%
Hispanic (12-13)
n/a
43%
This chart display the percentage of Hispanic students in West-mec - Greenway High School and the percentage of Hispanic public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2009-10 school year data.
Black (12-13)
n/a
5%
White (12-13)
n/a
42%
This chart display the percentage of White students in West-mec - Greenway High School and the percentage of White public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2009-10 school year data.
Hawaiian (12-13)
n/a
n/a
Two or more races (12-13)
100%
2%
Diversity Score
n/a0.65
This chart display the diversity score of West-mec - Greenway High School and the public school average diversity score of Arizona by year, with the latest 2009-10 school year data.
Eligible for Free Lunch (09-10)
50%
38%
School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
School District NameWest-Mec - Western Maricopa Education Center School District
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education

Nearby Public Schools

The nearest high school to West-mec - Greenway High School is Greenway High School (0.0 miles away)
The nearest middle school is Desert Foothills Middle School (0.9 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Ironwood Elementary School (0.4 miles away)
Show me:
  • School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
  • Phoenix Greenway High School Math: 70-74% | Reading: 65-69%
    Rank
    10/
    10
    Top 10%
    Grades: 9-12 | 1,393 student
    0.0 miles
    3930 W. Greenway Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85053
    (623) 915-8560
    0 9-12 1,393
  • Phoenix Ironwood Elementary School Math: 52% | Reading: 42%
    Rank
    7/
    10
    Top 50%
    Grades: PK-6 | 499 students
    0.4 miles
    14850 N 39th Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85053
    (602) 896-5600
    0.4 PK-6 499
  • Phoenix Desert Foothills Middle School Math: 30% | Reading: 40%
    Rank
    5/
    10
    Bottom 50%
    Grades: 7-8 | 672 students
    0.9 miles
    3333 W Banff
    Phoenix, AZ 85053
    (520) 896-5500
    0.9 7-8 672
  • Phoenix Ombudsman - Charter West Charter School
    Math: 15-19% | Reading: 6-9%
    Rank
    1/
    10
    Bottom 50%
    Grades: 9-12 | 199 students
    1.1 miles
    2909 W. Bell Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85053
    (602) 564-8102
    1.1 9-12 199
  • Phoenix Chaparral Elementary School Math: 44% | Reading: 41%
    Rank
    6/
    10
    Top 50%
    Grades: PK-6 | 542 students
    1.2 miles
    3808 W Joan D Arc
    Phoenix, AZ 85029
    (602) 896-5300
    1.2 PK-6 542

School Reviews

Review West-mec - Greenway High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

I am a:

Name or Alias:

Your review:

Rate this school:
Recent Articles
Learn about how your school will address pandemic health issues, such as the H1N1 virus, and how you can be proactive in learning about school closing guidelines.
Learn how parents of gifted children can find additional academic challenges and support programs both in and outside of public schools.
Learn more about the debate behind private school vouchers and whether they are a viable public school alternative for your child.