West Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,059 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 35%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in MO
- Math Proficiency: 65% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
West Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is West Middle School's ranking?
West Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for: Highest overall rank (Top 10%), Highest math proficiency (Top 10%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% MO state average), while 70% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MO state average).
How many students attend West Middle School?
1,059 students attend West Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
65% of West Middle School students are White, 14% of students are Asian, 12% of students are Black, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of West Middle School?
West Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does West Middle School offer ?
West Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review West Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities