West Side Elementary School
- West Side Elementary School's student population of 222 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-4|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Side Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3407 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||GOUVERNEUR CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gouverneur Gouverneur Junior-senior High School Grades: 5-12 | 907 students
113 E Barney St
Gouverneur, NY 13642
(315)287-1900 1.1 5-12 907
- Gouverneur East Side Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 396 students
111 Gleason St
Gouverneur, NY 13642
(315)287-2260 1.5 PK-2 396
- Antwerp Antwerp Primary School Grades: K-3 | 209 students
10 Academy St
Antwerp, NY 13608
(315)659-8386 11.0 K-3 209
- Hammond Hammond Central School Grades: PK-12 | 287 students
51 S Main St
Hammond, NY 13646
(315)324-5931 13.3 PK-12 287
- De Kalb Junction Hermon-dekalb Central School Grades: PK-12 | 396 students
709 E Dekalb Rd
De Kalb Junction, NY 13630
(315)347-3442 13.8 PK-12 396
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.