Westwood High School
Westwood High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wyoming for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Westwood High School's student population of 150 students has grown by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 35% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Westwood High School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WY)|
|Overall School Rank||#313 out of 316 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Campbell County #1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gillette Stocktrail Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 239 students
800 Stocktrail Avenue
Gillette, WY 82718
(307)686-8215 0.2 PK-6 239
- Gillette Lakeview Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 484 students
1017 Gabriel Drive
Gillette, WY 82717
(307)682-7293 0.9 K-6 484
- Gillette Meadowlark Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 258 students
816 East 7th Street
Gillette, WY 82717
(307)682-4740 1.0 K-6 258
- Gillette Powder River Basin Children's Center Grades: 1-12
410 N Miller Ave
Gillette, WY 82716
(307)682-0231 1.0 1-12 n/a
This school was the bast one I have gone to and if it weren''t for the teachers I would not have graduated
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jeremiah55
I don't believe in alternative schools. There should be no alternatives to schools as there is no alternatives to work. We are teaching the students they don't have to comply and fit into society.
- Posted by Parent - ed.ge
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.