Westwood High School
Westwood High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wyoming for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Westwood High School's student population of 141 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Westwood High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 318 schools in Wyoming (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WY)|
|Overall School Rank||#308 out of 318 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Campbell County School District #1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gillette Stocktrail Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 284 students
800 Stocktrail Avenue
Gillette, WY 82718
(307) 686-8215 0.2 PK-6 284
- Gillette Lakeview Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 434 students
1017 Gabriel Drive
Gillette, WY 82717
(307) 682-7293 0.9 K-6 434
- Gillette Meadowlark Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 250 students
816 East 7th Street
Gillette, WY 82717
(307) 682-4740 1.0 K-6 250
- Gillette Powder River Basin Children's Center Grades: 1-12 | 28 students
410 N Miller Ave
Gillette, WY 82716
(307) 682-0231 1.0 1-12 28
This school was the bast one I have gone to and if it weren''t for the teachers I would not have graduated
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jeremiah55
I don't believe in alternative schools. There should be no alternatives to schools as there is no alternatives to work. We are teaching the students they don't have to comply and fit into society.
- Posted by Parent - ed.ge
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.