Top Wyoming Public Schools
- Wyoming is the #47 largest school system in the United States, serving 93,822 students across the top 367 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Wyoming public schools have a diversity score of 0.27, which is lower than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 22% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(WY) School Average
Two or more races
Top Wyoming Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 17 Schools3,888 Students24% Minority
- 15 Schools2,489 Students16% Minority
- 23 Schools9,177 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools2,500 Students33% Minority
- 15 Schools2,413 Students13% Minority
- 6 Schools1,168 Students4% Minority
- 34 Schools6,970 Students47% Minority
- 12 Schools1,763 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools666 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools1,293 Students15% Minority
- 43 Schools15,075 Students29% Minority
- 14 Schools3,409 Students8% Minority
- 34 Schools13,211 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools906 Students11% Minority
- 16 Schools4,004 Students18% Minority
- 14 Schools1,237 Students14% Minority
- 24 Schools4,519 Students10% Minority
- 9 Schools1,646 Students16% Minority
- 28 Schools8,458 Students26% Minority
- 11 Schools2,770 Students35% Minority
- 12 Schools3,729 Students16% Minority
- 7 Schools1,464 Students27% Minority
- 7 Schools1,067 Students8% Minority
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.