Willard Elementary School
Willard Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Willard Elementary School's student population of 355 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Willard Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1164 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Des Moines Independent Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Des Moines Phillips Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 359 students
1701 Lay St
Des Moines, IA 50317
(515)242-8431 1.3 PK-5 359
- Des Moines Capitol View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 598 students
320 E. 16th
Des Moines, IA 50316
(515)242-8402 1.7 PK-5 598
- Des Moines Mckee Elementary School Grades: PK | 323 students
2115 E 39th St
Des Moines, IA 50317
(515)323-8628 1.8 PK 323
- Pleasant Hill Pleasant Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 255 students
4801 E Oakwood Dr
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
(515)242-8432 2.0 PK-5 255
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.