William Blount High School
William Blount High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- William Blount High School's student population of 1,818 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,818 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William Blount High School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#351 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Blount County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maryville Mary Blount Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 568 students
131 South Old Glory Rd
Maryville, TN 37801
(865)980-1430 0.6 PK-5 568
- Maryville Fairview Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 299 students
2130 Old Niles Ferry
Maryville, TN 37803
(865)982-0630 2.3 K-5 299
- Friendsville Union Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 313 students
330 South Old Grey Ridge Rd
Friendsville, TN 37737
(865)980-1515 2.5 PK-5 313
- Maryville Foothills Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 521 students
520 Sandy Springs Rd
Maryville, TN 37803
(865)681-0364 2.8 K-3 521
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.