Winchester Elementary School
- Winchester Elementary School's student population of 448 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||448 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Winchester Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1889 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Winchester CUSD 1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winchester Winchester High School Grades: 9-12 | 185 students
200 W Cross St
Winchester, IL 62694
(217)742-3151 0.2 9-12 185
- Bluffs Bluffs Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 132 students
Po Box 230
Bluffs, IL 62621
(217)754-3714 9.7 PK-6 132
- Bluffs Bluffs High School Grades: 9-12 | 58 students
100 W Rockwood St
Bluffs, IL 62621
(217)754-3815 9.7 9-12 58
- Roodhouse North Greene Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 478 students
403 W North St
Roodhouse, IL 62082
(217)589-4623 10.6 PK-6 478
- Murrayville Murrayville-woodson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 166 students
Po Box 170
Murrayville, IL 62668
(217)882-3121 11.6 K-6 166
I am currently in the 7th grade and i have gone to school here all of my life. I like this school very much, and i would recemend it to anyone who likes small schools.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - RoxyK
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.