Brown Deer School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Brown Deer School District, serving 744 students.
- Public middle school in Brown Deer School District have an average math proficiency score of 29% (versus the Wisconsin public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 33% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Wisconsin public middle school average of 36% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Wisconsin public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Brown Deer School District|
|School District Website||http://www.browndeerschools.com|
|School District Phone Number||(414)371-6750|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||708 Schools|
|# of Students||744 Students||257,555 Students|
|# of Teachers||60 Teachers||17,124 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
- Brown Deer School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 422 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 Students||3,994 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||81 Students||10,530 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||51 Students||34,100 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||388 Students||34,078 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||169 Students||165,790 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||202 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||47 Students||8,861 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||6,528|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,615|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||7,012|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||7,215|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,588|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||8,928|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||15,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||52,055|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||103||61,657|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||123||62,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||114||6,986|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||143||4,681|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||135||4,696|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||126||5,323|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,002 is higher than the state average of $14,961. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,993 is higher than the state average of $14,667. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$24 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,002||$14,961|
|Spending / Student||$14,993||$14,667|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.