Brown Deer School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 top public middle school in Brown Deer School District, serving 791 students.
- Public middle school in Brown Deer School District have an average math proficiency score of 29% (versus Wisconsin public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 33% (versus 42% Wisconsin statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black) , which is more than the Wisconsin public middle school average of 35% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Wisconsin public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Brown Deer School District|
|School District Website||http://www.browndeerschools.com|
|School District Phone Number||(414)371-6750|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||732 Schools|
|# of Students||791 Students||259,968 Students|
|# of Teachers||65 Teachers||18,087 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
- Brown Deer School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 426 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||3,714 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||85 Students||10,214 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||52 Students||33,264 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||415 Students||36,236 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||191 Students||168,257 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||200 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||42 Students||7,946 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||6,750|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,991|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||7,419|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||7,584|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,911|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||9,036|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||15,901|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||51,720|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||119||62,383|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||108||62,018|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||150||7,487|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||134||4,695|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||131||4,991|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||149||5,082|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,002 is higher than the state average of $14,961. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,993 is higher than the state average of $14,667. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$24 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,002||$14,961|
|Spending / Student||$14,993||$14,667|
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.