Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School serves 391 students in grades 3-6.
Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Minnesota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 61% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 45%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 56% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 53%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Minnesota state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Minnesota state average of 37% (majority Black).
- Grades: 3-6
- Enrollment: 391 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 9%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MN
- Math Proficiency: 61% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 56% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MN Dept. of Education
Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School's student population of 391 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 31% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,734 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School is 0.17, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (MN)
Overall Testing Rank
#387 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School's ranking?
Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School is ranked #387 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Minnesota.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
61% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 45% MN state average), while 56% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 53% MN state average).
How many students attend Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School?
391 students attend Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
91% of Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School students are White, 4% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School?
Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Minnesota state average of 14:1.
What grades does Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School offer ?
Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School offers enrollment in grades 3-6
What school district is Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School part of?
Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School is part of Zumbrota-Mazeppa School District.
Review Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.