Zumbrota-mazeppa Senior High School
- Zumbrota-mazeppa Senior High School's student population of 339 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||339 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Zumbrota-mazeppa Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#341 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Zumbrota-mazeppa School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mazeppa Zumbrota-mazeppa Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 382 students
343 3rd Ave Ne
Mazeppa, MN 55956
(507)732-1420 0.1 3-6 382
- Zumbrota Zumbrota-mazeppa Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 295 students
799 Mill St
Zumbrota, MN 55992
(507)732-7848 0.2 PK-2 295
- Wanamingo Kenyon-wanamingo Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 319 students
225 3rd Ave
Wanamingo, MN 55983
(507)824-2211 5.7 PK-4 319
- Red Wing Zumbrota-mazeppa Credit Recovery Grades: 9-12
343 Third St
Red Wing, MN 55066
(651)388-4441 6.3 9-12 n/a
- Pine Island Pine Island Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 523 students
223 1st Ave Se
Pine Island, MN 55963
(507)356-8581 6.4 PK-4 523
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.