Academy For Discovery At Lakewood
- Academy For Discovery At Lakewood's student population of 798 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-8|
|Total Students||798 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Academy For Discovery At Lakewood's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#642 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NORFOLK CITY PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norfolk Willard Model Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 533 students
1511 Willow Wood Dr
Norfolk, VA 23509
(757)628-2721 0.4 PK-5 533
- Norfolk Lindenwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 373 students
2700 Ludlow St
Norfolk, VA 23504
(757)628-2577 1.2 PK-5 373
- Norfolk Norview Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1108 students
6325 Sewells Point Rd
Norfolk, VA 23513
(757)852-4600 1.5 6-8 1108
- Norfolk Suburban Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 477 students
310 Thole St
Norfolk, VA 23505
(757)531-3118 1.5 PK-5 477
- Norfolk Traep - Norfolk
2861 E. Princess Anne Rd.
Norfolk, VA 23504
(757)892-3960 1.5 n/a n/a
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.