Akron Elementary School
- Akron Elementary School's student population of 355 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Akron Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#577 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tippecanoe Valley Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Tippecanoe Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 595 students
8345 S Sr 19
Akron, IN 46910
(574)598-2100 5.0 9-12 595
- Akron Tippecanoe Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 440 students
11303 W 800 S
Akron, IN 46910
(574)598-2200 5.0 6-8 440
- Mentone Mentone Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 450 students
301 E Jackson St
Mentone, IN 46539
(574)598-2590 9.1 K-5 450
- Rochester Columbia Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 449 students
1502 Elm St
Rochester, IN 46975
(574)223-2501 9.7 PK-2 449
- Claypool Claypool Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 352 students
2024 W 700 S
Claypool, IN 46510
(574)566-2300 10.0 K-6 352
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.