Albany Community School
Albany Community School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 5%)
Albany Community School's student population of 89 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Albany Community School is ranked within the top 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Albany Community School is 0.13, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.19. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#128 out of 290 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)(16-17)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)(16-17)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Albany School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Albany Community School is Craftsbury Schools (5.8 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Craftsbury Common Craftsbury Schools Grades: PK-12 | 209 students
1422 North Craftsbury Road
Craftsbury Common, VT 05827
(802) 586-2541 5.8 PK-12 209
- Lowell Lowell Village School Grades: PK-8 | 109 students
52 Gelo Park Road
Lowell, VT 05847
(802) 744-6641 5.8 PK-8 109
- Irasburg Irasburg Village School Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
292 Route 58 East
Irasburg, VT 05845
(802) 754-8810 6.9 PK-8 139
- Orleans Lake Region Uhsd #24 Grades: 9-12 | 380 students
317 Lake Region Road
Orleans, VT 05860
(802) 754-6521 8.4 9-12 380
- Eden Eden Central School Grades: PK-6 | 145 students
140 Knowles Flat Road
Eden, VT 05652
(802) 635-6630 9.5 PK-6 145
Learn about how public schools are implementing new forms of physical education instruction, which range from yoga classes to even online gym courses.
Beyond tests and homework, some public school students face greater challenges, including the uncertainty of where they will sleep each night. Learn about the increase in homeless students and what public schools are doing to meet the challenge.
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.