Albany Community School
Albany Community School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Albany Community School's student population of 78 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Albany Community School is ranked within the top 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#128 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Albany School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Albany Community School is Craftsbury Schools (5.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Craftsbury Common Craftsbury Schools Grades: PK-12 | 196 students
1422 North Craftsbury Road
Craftsbury Common, VT 05827
(802)586-2541 5.8 PK-12 196
- Lowell Lowell Village School Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
52 Gelo Park Road
Lowell, VT 05847
(802)744-6641 5.8 PK-8 107
- Irasburg Irasburg Village School Grades: PK-8 | 134 students
292 Route 58 East
Irasburg, VT 05845
(802)754-8810 6.9 PK-8 134
- Orleans Lake Region Uhsd #24 Grades: 9-12 | 394 students
317 Lake Region Road
Orleans, VT 05860
(802)754-6521 8.4 9-12 394
- Eden Eden Central School Grades: PK-6 | 144 students
140 Knowles Flat Road
Eden, VT 05652
(802)635-6630 9.5 PK-6 144
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.