Top Vermont Public Schools
- Vermont is the #49 largest school system in the United States, serving 84,239 students across the top 313 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Vermont public schools have a diversity score of 0.11, which is lower than the national average of 0.32.
- There are 2 magnet schools. Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(VT) School Average
Two or more races
Top Vermont Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,624 Students6% Minority
- 16 Schools4,255 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools3,154 Students5% Minority
- 51 Schools22,254 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools588 Students5% Minority
- 21 Schools8,086 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools638 Students8% Minority
- 15 Schools3,707 Students6% Minority
- 20 Schools3,847 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools3,990 Students5% Minority
- 33 Schools7,865 Students6% Minority
- 28 Schools8,326 Students7% Minority
- 29 Schools5,552 Students9% Minority
- 33 Schools7,353 Students5% Minority
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.