Vermont Public Schools
- Vermont is the #48 largest school system in the United States, serving 84,334 students across 315 public schools.
- Vermont public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.17, which is lower than the national average of 0.51.
- There are 2 magnet schools. Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(VT) School Average
Two or more races
Vermont Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,701 Students6% Minority
- 16 Schools4,296 Students4% Minority
- 13 Schools3,153 Students5% Minority
- 51 Schools22,008 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools638 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools8,109 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools636 Students8% Minority
- 15 Schools3,697 Students6% Minority
- 20 Schools3,880 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools3,940 Students5% Minority
- 33 Schools7,961 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools8,290 Students7% Minority
- 29 Schools5,621 Students9% Minority
- 35 Schools7,404 Students5% Minority
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.