Top Vermont Public Schools
- Vermont is the #49 largest school system in the United States, serving 84,239 students across the top 313 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Vermont public schools have a diversity score of 0.11, which is lower than the national average of 0.32.
- There are 2 magnet schools. Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(VT) School Average
Two or more races
Top Vermont Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,624 Students6% Minority
- 16 Schools4,255 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools3,154 Students5% Minority
- 51 Schools22,254 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools588 Students5% Minority
- 21 Schools8,086 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools638 Students8% Minority
- 15 Schools3,707 Students6% Minority
- 20 Schools3,847 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools3,990 Students5% Minority
- 33 Schools7,865 Students6% Minority
- 28 Schools8,326 Students7% Minority
- 29 Schools5,552 Students9% Minority
- 33 Schools7,353 Students5% Minority
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.