Vermont Public Schools
- Vermont is the #49 largest school system in the United States, serving 84,239 students across 313 public schools.
- Vermont public schools have a diversity score of 0.17, which is lower than the national average of 0.52.
- There are 2 magnet schools. Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(VT) School Average
Two or more races
Vermont Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,624 Students6% Minority
- 16 Schools4,255 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools3,154 Students5% Minority
- 51 Schools22,254 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools588 Students5% Minority
- 21 Schools8,086 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools638 Students8% Minority
- 15 Schools3,707 Students6% Minority
- 20 Schools3,847 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools3,990 Students5% Minority
- 33 Schools7,865 Students6% Minority
- 28 Schools8,326 Students7% Minority
- 29 Schools5,552 Students9% Minority
- 33 Schools7,353 Students5% Minority
June 12, 2018
Learn about the pros and cons of graduating early from high school.
June 12, 2018
Peek into what have been dubbed “Taj Majal” high schools, with a list of the five most expensive high schools in the country, how much they cost, and what they really offer students.
May 18, 2018
Find out where the members of the 115th House of Representatives went to school and how many chose private school over public school for their own children.