Vermont Public Schools
- Vermont is the #49 largest school system in the United States, serving 84,239 students across 313 public schools.
- Vermont public schools have a diversity score of 0.17, which is lower than the national average of 0.52.
- There are 2 magnet schools. Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(VT) School Average
Two or more races
Vermont Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,624 Students6% Minority
- 16 Schools4,255 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools3,154 Students5% Minority
- 51 Schools22,254 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools588 Students5% Minority
- 21 Schools8,086 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools638 Students8% Minority
- 15 Schools3,707 Students6% Minority
- 20 Schools3,847 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools3,990 Students5% Minority
- 33 Schools7,865 Students6% Minority
- 28 Schools8,326 Students7% Minority
- 29 Schools5,552 Students9% Minority
- 33 Schools7,353 Students5% Minority
August 16, 2018
Bullying is becoming the red hot topic in education circles today, and the U.S. Department of Education is taking note. Learn about the anti-bullying summit held by Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how schools may finally put an end to bullying.
July 12, 2018
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
July 12, 2018
Meal delivery services are all the rage these days, but could they be the solution to the school lunch problem? Keep reading to find out!