Vermont Public Schools
- Vermont is the #49 largest school system in the United States, serving 84,239 students across 313 public schools.
- Vermont public schools have a diversity score of 0.17, which is lower than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(VT) School Average
Two or more races
Vermont Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,624 Students6% Minority
- 16 Schools4,255 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools3,154 Students5% Minority
- 51 Schools22,254 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools588 Students5% Minority
- 21 Schools8,086 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools638 Students8% Minority
- 15 Schools3,707 Students6% Minority
- 20 Schools3,847 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools3,990 Students5% Minority
- 33 Schools7,865 Students6% Minority
- 28 Schools8,326 Students7% Minority
- 29 Schools5,552 Students9% Minority
- 33 Schools7,353 Students5% Minority
April 19, 2018
With growing concerns about the backgrounds of teachers, some parents and experts are calling for instructors to undergo random drug testing. Are drug tests appropriately necessary or a violation of privacy?
April 19, 2018
With the growing scandals surrounding teachers, more parents and community leaders are calling for greater background checks. Learn about both sides of the debate in keeping all students safe.
April 05, 2018
Every year, standardized tests reveal that public school performance is woefully low. Yet you pay taxes to fund public education, so where does that money go? Keep reading to find out how much it really costs to educate your child.