Vermont Public Schools
- Vermont is the #48 largest school system in the United States, serving 84,334 students across 315 public schools.
- Vermont public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.17, which is lower than the national average of 0.51.
- There are 2 magnet schools. Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(VT) School Average
Two or more races
Vermont Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,701 Students6% Minority
- 16 Schools4,296 Students4% Minority
- 13 Schools3,153 Students5% Minority
- 53 Schools22,926 Students15% Minority
- 5 Schools638 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools7,191 Students12% Minority
- 5 Schools636 Students8% Minority
- 15 Schools3,697 Students6% Minority
- 20 Schools3,880 Students4% Minority
- 21 Schools3,940 Students5% Minority
- 33 Schools7,961 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools8,290 Students7% Minority
- 29 Schools5,621 Students9% Minority
- 35 Schools7,404 Students5% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.