Sunderland Elementary School
Sunderland Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Sunderland Elementary School's student population of 94 students has grown by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sunderland Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 289 schools in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#4 out of 289 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sunderland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Fisher School Grades: PK-5 | 197 students
504 East Arlington Road
Arlington, VT 05250
(802)375-6409 1.8 PK-5 197
- Manchester Center Manchester Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 402 students
80 Memorial Avenue
Manchester Center, VT 05255
(802)362-1597 7.5 PK-8 402
- Dorset Dorset Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
130 School Drive
Dorset, VT 05251
(802)362-2606 10.0 PK-8 216
- Shaftsbury Shaftsbury Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 272 students
150 Buck Hill Road
Shaftsbury, VT 05262
(802)442-4373 10.4 PK-6 272
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.