- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 684 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 12%
- Graduation Rate: 85-89% (Btm 50% in AL)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 20-24% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
- Albert P. Brewer High School is a 9-12 school located in Florette, Alabama, United States. Its mascot is the Patriot and colors are Red, White and Blue. It is part of the Morgan County School System. Brewer opened in August of 1972. It is named after Morgan County resident and former Alabama Governor, Albert Preston Brewer. When it opened, Brewer only served 10th through 12th grades. 9th grade was added in the early 1980s. The school originally opened as a consolidation of five Morgan County high schools. Cotaco, Alabama, Priceville, Ryan and Union Hill. Those schools were reduced to junior high schools. Priceville has since withdrawn from Brewer and is once again a high school in its own right. Lacey's Spring School had been a K-6 school, with 7th and 8th graders going on to Cotaco. Lacey's Spring now goes from K-8th, and therefore is now a feeder to Brewer. Brewer is the largest high school in the Morgan County System. It is one of the largest 5A schools in the state. Brewer's two biggest rivals in sports have traditionally been Hartselle and Arab.
- Brewer is located at the intersection of Alabama 67 and Eva Road, near the center of Morgan County.
- The construction of Brewer cost 2 million dollars in 1972. Which would be about 9 million dollars in 2006.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Albert P Brewer High School's ranking?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
What is the graduation rate of Albert P Brewer High School?
How many students attend Albert P Brewer High School?
What is the racial composition of the student body?
What is the student:teacher ratio of Albert P Brewer High School?
What grades does Albert P Brewer High School offer ?
What school district is Albert P Brewer High School part of?
View the Albert P Brewer High School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Albert P Brewer High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities