Albert P Brewer High School
Albert P Brewer High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Albert P Brewer High School's student population of 829 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||829 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Albert P Brewer High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#728 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Morgan County School District|
- Albert P. Brewer High School is a 9-12 school located in Florette, Alabama, United States. Its mascot is the Patriot and colors are Red, White and Blue. It is part of the Morgan County School System. Brewer opened in August of 1972. It is named after Morgan County resident and former Alabama Governor, Albert Preston Brewer. When it opened, Brewer only served 10th through 12th grades. 9th grade was added in the early 1980s. The school originally opened as a consolidation of five Morgan County high schools. Cotaco, Alabama, Priceville, Ryan and Union Hill. Those schools were reduced to junior high schools. Priceville has since withdrawn from Brewer and is once again a high school in its own right. Lacey's Spring School had been a K-6 school, with 7th and 8th graders going on to Cotaco. Lacey's Spring now goes from K-8th, and therefore is now a feeder to Brewer. Brewer is the largest high school in the Morgan County System. It is one of the largest 5A schools in the state. Brewer's two biggest rivals in sports have traditionally been Hartselle and Arab.
- Brewer is located at the intersection of Alabama 67 and Eva Road, near the center of Morgan County.
- The construction of Brewer cost 2 million dollars in 1972. Which would be about 9 million dollars in 2006.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Somerville Cotaco School Grades: PK-8 | 484 students
100 Cotaco School Rd
Somerville, AL 35670
(256)778-8154 4.3 PK-8 484
- Somerville Union Hill School Grades: K-8 | 438 students
2221 Union Hill Rd
Somerville, AL 35670
(256)498-2431 6.2 K-8 438
- Eva Eva School Grades: K-8 | 386 students
20 School Rd
Eva, AL 35621
(256)796-5141 6.4 K-8 386
- Laceys Spring Laceys Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 332 students
48 School Rd
Laceys Spring, AL 35754
(256)881-4460 10.1 PK-8 332