Aldan Elementary School
Aldan Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Aldan Elementary School's student population of 237 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Aldan Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,814 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2208 out of 2814 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||William Penn School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Darby Harris School Grades: K-8 | 771 students
501 Sharon Avenue
Darby, PA 19023
(610)522-4370 0.7 K-8 771
- Clifton Heights Primos Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 469 students
861 Bunting Ln
Clifton Heights, PA 19018
(610)622-6755 0.7 K-5 469
- Glenolden Southeast Delco Kindergarten Center Grades: K | 312 students
1 School Ln
Glenolden, PA 19036
(610)522-4365 0.7 K 312
- Drexel Hill Charles Kelly Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 349 students
3400 Dennison Ave
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
(610)638-1070 1.0 1-5 349
- Glenolden Darby Township School Grades: K-8 | 579 students
801 Ashland Avenue
Glenolden, PA 19036
(610)522-4375 1.0 K-8 579
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.