Top Pennsylvania Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 alternative public schools in Pennsylvania, serving 224 students.
- Pennsylvania alternative public school have a diversity score of 0.55, which is more than the Pennsylvania public school average of 0.53.
- The most diverse alternative school in Pennsylvania is Youth Forestry Camp #3, with 0.66 diversity score. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Pennsylvania or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 80% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania public school average of 34% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
Top Pennsylvania Alternative Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Danville Center Adolescent Female 13 Kirkbride Drive
Danville, PA 17821
Grades: 7-12 | 29 students
- Lifebridge Center 810 S 6th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Grades: 7-12 | 21 students
- Loysville Youth Dev Center Loysville Complex, 10 Opportun
Loysville, PA 17047
Grades: 5-12 | 77 students
- North Central Secure Trmnt Unt 210 Clinic Rd
Danville, PA 17821
Grades: 7-12 | 40 students
- South Mountain Secure Trmnt Un 10056 South Mountain Rd
South Mountain, PA 17261
Grades: 7-12 | 15 students
- Youth Forestry Camp #2 Hickory Run State Park
White Haven, PA 18661
Grades: 7-12 | 14 students
- Youth Forestry Camp #3 Trough Creek State Park, Rd 1
James Creek, PA 16657
Grades: 7-12 | 28 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.