Top Pennsylvania Special Education Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 top special education public schools in Pennsylvania, serving 496 students.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Top Pennsylvania Special Education Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Conroy 1398 Page St
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
Grades: K-12 | 164 students
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Oliver 2323 Brighton Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Grades: 4-12 | 112 students
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Pioneer 775 Dunster St
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Grades: K-12 | 70 students
- Philadelphia Widener Memorial School 1450 W Olney Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Grades: K-12 | 150 students
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.