Top Pennsylvania Special Education Public Middle Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 top special education public middle schools in Pennsylvania, serving 496 students.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Top Pennsylvania Special Education Public Middle Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Conroy 1398 Page St
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
Grades: K-12 | 164 students
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Oliver 2323 Brighton Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Grades: 4-12 | 112 students
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Pioneer 775 Dunster St
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Grades: K-12 | 70 students
- Philadelphia Widener Memorial School 1450 W Olney Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Grades: K-12 | 150 students
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.