Top Pennsylvania Alternative Public High Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top alternative public high schools in Pennsylvania, serving 203 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Top Pennsylvania Alternative Public High Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Danville Danville Center Adolescent Female 13 Kirkbride Drive
Danville, PA 17821
Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
- Loysville Loysville Youth Dev Center Loysville Complex, 10 Opportun
Loysville, PA 17047
Grades: 5-12 | 79 students
- Danville North Central Secure Trmnt Unt High School 210 Clinic Rd
Danville, PA 17821
Grades: 7-12 | 49 students
- South Mountain South Mountain Secure Trmnt Un High School 10056 South Mountain Rd, 10056
South Mountain, PA 17261
Grades: 7-12 | 18 students
- White Haven Youth Forestry Camp #2 High School Hickory Run State Park
White Haven, PA 18661
Grades: 7-12 | 8 students
- James Creek Youth Forestry Camp #3 High School Trough Creek State Park
James Creek, PA 16657
Grades: 7-12 | 23 students
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.