Stanton Middle School
- Stanton Middle School's student population of 711 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||711 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
- Stanton Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank||#182 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Red Clay Consolidated School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Stanton Middle School is Dickinson (john) High School (1.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Central School Grades: PK
1621 Telegraph Road
Wilmington, DE 19804
(302)992-5550 0.3 PK n/a
- Wilmington Dickinson (john) High School Grades: 6-12 | 778 students
1801 Milltown Road
Wilmington, DE 19808
(302)992-5500 1.3 6-12 778
- Wilmington Mote (anna P.) Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 401 students
2110 Edwards Avenue
Wilmington, DE 19808
(302)992-5565 1.6 PK-5 401
- Newark Forest Oak Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 603 students
55 South Meadowood Drive
Newark, DE 19711
(302)454-3420 1.8 K-5 603
Last year the administration was HORRIBLE and I am glad they are gone. This year the school has a new leadership team and they have been great so far. They are very responsive and transparent. I have talked to other parents and they are pleased as well. I believe that this team can turn the school around.
- Posted by Parent - Rcoll
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.