Top Delaware Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top alternative public schools in Delaware, serving 1,143 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Delaware state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Top Delaware Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Wilmington Calloway (cab) School Of The Arts 100 North Dupont Road
Wilmington, DE 19807
Grades: 6-12 | 953 students
- Wilmington Central School 1621 Telegraph Road
Wilmington, DE 19804
Grades: PK | n/a students
- Wilmington First State School 501 West 14th Street
Wilmington, DE 19899
Grades: K-12 | 24 students
- Wilmington Pyle (sarah) Academy 501 North Lombard Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Grades: 9-12 | 96 students
- Laurel Western Sussex Academy 815 Central Avenue
Laurel, DE 19956
Grades: 8-12 | n/a students
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.