- There are 6 alternative public schools in Delaware, serving 1,224 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Delaware state average of 53%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Delaware Alternative Public Schools
- School Location Grades Students
WilmingtonCalloway (cab) School Of The Arts100 North Dupont Road
Wilmington, DE 19807
Grades: 6-12 | 935 students
WilmingtonCentral School (the)1621 Telegraph Road
Wilmington, DE 19804
Grades: 6-12 | 108 students
WilmingtonFirst State School501 West 14th Street
Wilmington, DE 19899
Grades: 6-12 | 22 students
WilmingtonPyle (sarah) Academy501 North Lombard Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Grades: 9-12 | 104 students
LaurelWestern Sussex Academy815 Central Avenue
Laurel, DE 19956
Grades: 9-11 | 6 students
April 22, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 22, 2017
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
April 21, 2017
Children are reading less and less in this country, and the effects of that are showing in their performance in school. However, there are a variety of ways parents can encourage their children to read – and hopefully to love reading!