Top Delaware Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 alternative public schools in Delaware, serving 1,111 students.
- Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Delaware public school average of 56% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Delaware public school average of 15:1.
Top Delaware Alternative Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Calloway (cab) School Of The Arts 100 North Dupont Road
Wilmington, DE 19807
Grades: 6-12 | 936 students
- Central School 1621 Telegraph Road
Wilmington, DE 19804
Grades: PK | n/a students
- First State School 501 West 14th Street
Wilmington, DE 19899
Grades: K-12 | 25 students
- Meadowood Program 55a South Meadowood Drive
Newark, DE 19711
Grades: PK-12 | 150 students
- Sarah Pyle Academy 501 North Lombard Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Grades: 9-12 | n/a students
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.