Top Delaware Alternative Public Middle Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 top alternative public middle schools in Delaware, serving 1,047 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is less than the Delaware state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Top Delaware Alternative Public Middle Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Wilmington Calloway (cab) School Of The Arts 100 North Dupont Road
Wilmington, DE 19807
Grades: 6-12 | 953 students
- Wilmington First State School 501 West 14th Street
Wilmington, DE 19899
Grades: K-12 | 24 students
- Laurel Western Sussex Academy 815 Central Avenue
Laurel, DE 19956
Grades: 8-12 | n/a students
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.