Alice Byrne Elementary School
Top Placements (Arizona)
Alice Byrne Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Alice Byrne Elementary School's student population of 339 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||339 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alice Byrne Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1842 schools in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Alice Byrne Elementary School is Yuma Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Yuma Elementary School District's student population of 8,533 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,211 is higher than the state average of $7,180. The district revenue/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $6,781 is less than the state average of $6,852. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Yuma Elementary School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,533||345|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$84 MM||$3 MM|
|District Spending||$62 MM||$2 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,211||$7,180|
|District Spending / Student||$6,781||$6,852|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yuma Stedy- San Luis High School Satellite Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
1250 North 8th Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928)373-1182 0.4 9-12 20
- Phoenix Amerischools Academy North Grades: K-8 | 247 students
1220 S 4th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85018
(602)354-4299 0.5 K-8 247
- Yuma O C Johnson School Grades: PK-5 | 440 students
1201 W. 12th Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928)502-7900 0.6 PK-5 440
- Phoenix Amerischools Academy - Yuma Grades: K-8 | 210 students
2098 S. 3rd Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
(602)354-4299 0.7 K-8 210
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.