Alvarado Elementary School
Alvarado Elementary School serves 655 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Alvarado Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 56% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 58% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 94% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic and Asian).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Students: 655 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 26:1
- Minority Enrollment: 94%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 56% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 58% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Alvarado Elementary School's student population of 655 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 24% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Alvarado Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Alvarado Elementary School is 0.61, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#2339 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Review Alvarado Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.