American River Charter
- American River Charter's student population of 177 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- American River Charter's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4411 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Black Oak Mine Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwood Divide High School Grades: 9-12 | 21 students
4405 Highway 193
Greenwood, CA 95635
(530)333-8315 0.0 9-12 21
- Georgetown Georgetown Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 231 students
6530 Wentworth Springs Rd.
Georgetown, CA 95634
(530)333-8320 0.2 K-6 231
- Garden Valley Golden Sierra Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 494 students
5101 Garden Valley Rd.
Garden Valley, CA 95633
(530)333-8330 4.7 7-12 494
- Foresthill Foresthill High School Grades: 9-12 | 200 students
23319 Foresthill Rd.
Foresthill, CA 95631
(530)367-5244 7.1 9-12 200
- Georgetown Otter Creek Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 13 students
4701 Volcanoville Rd.
Georgetown, CA 95634
(530)333-8347 7.1 K-5 13
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.