Annapolis Middle School
- Annapolis Middle School's student population of 775 students has grown by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||775 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Annapolis Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Annapolis Middle School is Anne Arundel County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Anne Arundel County School District's student population of 79,999 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,681 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,073 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||79,999||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$1,064 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$1,095 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,681||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$14,073||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Tyler Heights Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 593 students
200 Janwal St
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410)222-1630 0.6 PK-5 593
- Annapolis Wiley H. Bates Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 878 students
701 Chase Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410)263-0270 0.9 6-8 878
- Annapolis Georgetown East Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 386 students
111 Dogwood Rd
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410)222-1610 1.2 PK-5 386
- Annapolis Studio 39 Grades: 9-12
291 Locust Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410)222-5391 1.5 9-12 n/a
I was greeted at the door by a pleasant voice who asked for my ID. Right then and there I knew my child would be attending a school who cares about his safety. When I approached the red-headed receptionist, she obviously was informed I was coming to register my child and welcomed me and my son to AMS. She was so pleasant and put my son at ease by addressing him about his summer activities. I was given a sticker to wear to identify myself with others. My positive experience only continued as I enrolled my son in the guidance department. The courses seem to be challenging and I look forward to meeting my son`s teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.