Arbor Academy placed in the top 10% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 28%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year.
- School Type: Special education school
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in IL
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Arbor Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
The teacher population of 2 teachers has declined by 60% over five school years.
Total Students (19-20)
Total Classroom Teachers
Arbor Academy is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,663 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#237 out of 3663 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races(19-20)
Eligible for Free Lunch (19-20)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Arbor Academy's ranking?
Arbor Academy is ranked #237 out of 3,663 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Illinois.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% IL state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 32% IL state average).
How many students attend Arbor Academy?
21 students attend Arbor Academy.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
48% of Arbor Academy students are White, 28% of students are Asian, 9% of students are Black, 5% of students are American Indian, 5% of students are Hispanic, and 5% of students are Two or more races.
What school district is Arbor Academy part of?
Arbor Academy is part of Northern Suburban Special Educational Dist School District.
Review Arbor Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.