Top Arizona Alternative Public Preschools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 8 alternative public preschools in Arizona, serving 4,563 students.
- Minority enrollment is 72% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona public preschool average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Arizona public preschool average of 18:1.
Top Arizona Alternative Public Preschools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Chandler Traditional Academy - Goodman 2600 W. Knox
Chandler, AZ 85224
Grades: PK-6 | 723 students
- Davis Bilingual Magnet School 500 W. St. Mary's Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Grades: PK-5 | 295 students
- Encanto School 1426 W Osborn Road
Phoenix, AZ 85013
Grades: PK-8 | 661 students
- Kyrene De Los Lagos School 17001 S 34th Way
Phoenix, AZ 85048
Grades: PK-5 | 466 students
- Longview Elementary School 1209 East Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Grades: PK-8 | 561 students
- Mountain Vista School 2618 W. El Paseo
Oracle, AZ 85623
Grades: PK-8 | 360 students
- Solano School 1526 West Missouri Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85015
Grades: PK-8 | 606 students
- Sun Valley Elementary School 8361 N 95th Ave
Peoria, AZ 85345
Grades: PK-8 | 891 students
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.