Edge School Inc. The School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Edge School Inc. The School District, serving 208 students.
- Public school in Edge School Inc. The School District have an average math proficiency score of 23% (versus the Arizona public school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 30% (versus the 42% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona public school average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 0:1 is less than the Arizona public school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Edge School Inc. The School District|
|School District Website||http://www.edgehighschool.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(520)881-1389|
|School District Grades Offered||09 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||2,379 Schools|
|# of Students||208 Students||1,117,354 Students|
|# of Teachers||n/a||47,820 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||19:1|
- Edge School Inc. The School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 620 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 40-44% has decreased from 65-69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 Students||62,127 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||32,009 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||109 Students||502,895 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||13 Students||59,348 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||76 Students||422,489 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||4,017 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||34,453 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||12,675|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||80,903|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||81,467|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||82,195|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||85,836|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||88,944|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||89,621|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||88,369|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||87,282|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||86,947|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||14||86,190|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||31||84,165|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||56||78,432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||107||83,999|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||329|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,263 in this school district is less than the state average of $7,839. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,229 is less than the state average of $7,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,263||$7,839|
|Spending / Student||$7,229||$7,481|
Edge School Inc. The School District Public Schools (2020)
We take a look at the various ways high school students can get a leg up on higher education while they are still in high school.
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.