Gila Bend Unified School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Gila Bend Unified School District, serving 433 students. Gila Bend Unified School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Arizona.
- Public schools in Gila Bend Unified School District have an average math proficiency score of 8% (versus the Arizona public school average of 45%), and reading proficiency score of 9% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona public school average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Arizona public school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Gila Bend Unified School District|
|School District Website||http://gbusd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(928) 683-2225|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||2,380 Schools|
|# of Students||433 Students||1,117,458 Students|
|# of Teachers||26 Teachers||47,820 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||19:1|
- Gila Bend Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 641 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||150 Students||62,127 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||32,009 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||242 Students||502,895 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||59,348 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||40 Students||422,489 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||4,017 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||34,453 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||16||12,779|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||39||80,903|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||30||81,467|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||29||82,195|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||50||85,836|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||26||88,944|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||28||89,621|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||37||88,369|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||29||87,282|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||36||86,947|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||33||86,190|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||28||84,165|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||25||78,432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||27||83,999|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||329|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,807 is higher than the state average of $7,839. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,336 is higher than the state average of $7,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,807||$7,839|
|Spending / Student||$10,336||$7,481|
Gila Bend Unified School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.