Graham County Special Services School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Graham County Special Services School District serving 92 students in Pima, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arizona state average of 61%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 20:1.
|School District Name||Graham County Special Services School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||92|
|# of Teachers||8|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||54|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||38|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||13|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||14|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||62|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||50|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||10|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||5|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Graham County Special Services School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Graduation Rate |
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $1,211,000 is higher than the state average of $7,180. The school district revenue/student has grown by 8700% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $840,000 is higher than the state average of $6,852. The school district spending/student has grown by 8700% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$1,211,000||$7,180|
|Spending / Student||$840,000||$6,852|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.