Juniper Tree Academy School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Juniper Tree Academy School District, serving 789 students. Juniper Tree Academy School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Arizona.
- Public school in Juniper Tree Academy School District have an average math proficiency score of 59% (versus the Arizona public school average of 45%), and reading proficiency score of 65% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 9/10, which is in the top 20% of public schools in Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona public school average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 0:1 is less than the Arizona public school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Juniper Tree Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://www.desertviewacademy.com/|
|School District Phone Number||(928) 314-1102|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 06|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,380 Schools|
|# of Students||789 Students||1,117,458 Students|
|# of Teachers||n/a||47,820 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||19:1|
- Juniper Tree Academy School District, which is ranked within the9/, top 20% of all 641 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 Students||62,127 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||20 Students||32,009 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||492 Students||502,895 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||20 Students||59,348 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||242 Students||422,489 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7 Students||4,017 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||34,453 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||12,779|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||159||80,903|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||155||81,467|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||151||82,195|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||130||85,836|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||105||88,944|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||89||89,621|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||88,369|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||87,282|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||86,947|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||86,190|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||84,165|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||78,432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||83,999|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||329|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,469 in this school district is less than the state average of 7839. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $5,029 is less than the state average of $7,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||2477000|
|Revenue / Student||$7,469||7839|
|Spending / Student||$5,029||7481|
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.