Maricopa County Regional School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 public schools in Maricopa County Regional School District, serving 626 students.
- Public schools in Maricopa County Regional School District have an average math proficiency score of 16% (versus the Arizona public school average of 45%), and reading proficiency score of 16% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 93% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona public school average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Arizona public school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Maricopa County Regional School District|
|School District Website||http://www.mcrsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(602) 452-4700|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||2,380 Schools|
|# of Students||626 Students||1,117,458 Students|
|# of Teachers||37 Teachers||47,820 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||19:1|
- Maricopa County Regional School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 641 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 1% has decreased from 5% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 Students||62,127 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||32,009 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||516 Students||502,895 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||47 Students||59,348 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||45 Students||422,489 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||4,017 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 Students||34,453 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||12,779|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||17||80,903|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||3||81,467|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5||82,195|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||5||85,836|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||4||88,944|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||3||89,621|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||8||88,369|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||10||87,282|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||17||86,947|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||329||86,190|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||68||84,165|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||67||78,432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||90||83,999|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||329|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,728 in this school district is less than the state average of $7,839. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,245 is less than the state average of $7,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,728||$7,839|
|Spending / Student||$6,245||$7,481|
Maricopa County Regional School District Public Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Continued Hope High Schools6629 W. Clarendon Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85033
Grades: 8-12 | 12 students
- Durango Transitional Learning Center 3125 West Durango
Phoenix, AZ 85009
Grades: 3-12 | 81 students
- Esperanza Prep 1938 E Apache Blvd
Tempe, AZ 85281
Grades: K-8 | 41 students
- Hope College And Career Readiness Academy 6900 S. 24th St
Phoenix, AZ 85042
Grades: 9-12 | 110 students
- Mesa Transitional Learning Center 1810 S. Lewis St.
Mesa, AZ 85210
Grades: 3-12 | 54 students
- Southwest Key Transitional Learning Center 2613 W Campbell Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Grades: K-12 | 328 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.